forum members Q&A with the band 2016-07-01T14:39:55+00:00

Home Forums Trouble Every Day forum members Q&A with the band

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Some techie questions:

– TSR saw an expansion in the type of instrumentation the band uses to include synthesizers – what are your favourite synths? (mostly for Dave, but also Stuart and maybe Dan)

– Stuart, as the producer and engineer of the last few albums, what would be your favourite piece of recording gear? (microphones, outboard, etc…)

– On Second chance man, was the lead vocal put through a Leslie speaker? (For Stuart again)

Some non-techie questions:

– For Neil, how do you find Antwerp as a place to live in? It’s famous for having a lively music, art and fashion scene, so I can imagine it’d be interesting…

– Can we expect at some point a b-sides/rare tracks compilation of the MKII era of the band?

– For Earl and Dan: how do you approach playing together as a rhythm section? It sounds great on the last album…

– For Julian Siegel: How did you approach writing the arrangements for TWR songs? Second chance man and Help yourself in particular are great and very unusual for Tindersticks.

Dan
    Participant

My question for each member of the band:

What is your all time favorite album?

For Dan & Earl:

Can you tell us how you initially met the band and about what led up to becoming full time members?

Motown45
    Participant

I’m hedging my bets with two separate questions:

Q1: In one of the previous Q&As, the possibility of a ‘Tindersticks In Dub’- style remix EP was suggested. Given the rhythm-heavy slant of The Waiting Room, would you consider releasing a dub remix version of the album?

Q2: Would there be enough left-over material in the Tindersticks archive to complete/compile an album of otherwise-unheard songs?

sacr

@motown45 wrote:

Q2: Would there be enough left-over material in the Tindersticks archive to complete/compile an album of otherwise-unheard songs?

Great question, would really like to know the answer to this one…

A Sack Of Grain
    Participant

@dan wrote:

My question for each member of the band:

What is your all time favorite album?

Following on from this, I also have some music nerd trivia questions please!

To all members of the band:

What record in your collection would surprise us the most? Any closet metal fans in the band?

What is the best new release you’ve heard this year? If this is a difficult question to answer, do you find yourselves listening to less new music these days?

What is your favourite hat-trick or triptych of albums? For example The Colour Of Spring>Laughing Stock>Spirit Of Eden, or tindersticks>tindersticks>Curtains (mine)

Also I’d like to say thank you for the 25+ amazing concerts that I’ve seen you play, in venues and countries that I otherwise wouldn’t have visited, and for putting on a consistently magical and unpredictable show.

xylographique
    Participant

Q1 : I think that the violin and the arrangements of Dickon are missing to many fans. Is there a project to work one day with another violinist full-time ?

Q2 : The five members of the band live in five different countries, so you rarely see each other to rehearse or compose together. How does it feel to work this way ?

Q3 : Tindersticks’ EPs and b-sides are great. Is there a project to do some again soon ? Do “Johnny guitar” and “Into the night”, for example, will appear on a record some day ?

(sorry for my bad english)

Roger_Grund
    Participant

What could you tell us about the recording of the The Hungry Saw version of ‘What are you fighting for?’

Magic takes place on this track, at least to my ears. The way the guitar and keyboard parts interlock, question and answer, compare and contrast, the vocal delivery, the tempo (which could not have been a fraction faster or slower) , the slightly offkey keyboard, reminiscent of Lou Reed’s Berlin, all seems to point towards a particular moment in Le Chien.

My questions are: What happened there and then? When was the recording? What are your views on this track? How do you look at the Across Six Leap Years version today?

Merci!

AAA
    Participant

If you could be another member of the band for a day, who would you be and why?

atibens
    Participant

some other Questions from the other side of the ‘net:

Q1: Why do you never play Jism live anymore ?

Q2: 2016 is a very busy year for the band. How long will we have to wait for the next album/tour ? Will there be another one ? 🙂

(to be updated if there are any more 😉 )

Roger_Grund
    Participant

When you have a recording session in Le Chien, is it like an e-mail by Stuart going out to all tindersticks: See you next Monday at 9:00 in Le Chien, or rather that the various band members show up dripwise during the course of a day or two, depending on the individual travel arrangements? In that case, who is always the last to show up? Is it important to be all in the same spot in your recording process?

devlin

Any plans to tour Australia again? Seems a lifetime ago. Pretty sure it was.

hugoch
    Participant

I would start with the same question that Xylographique asked:

Q1 : I think that the violin and the arrangements of Dickon are missing to many fans. Is there a project to work one day with another violinist full-time ? (sorry for the copy and paste 🙂 )

Q2: Can we expect a Live DVD in a near future?

Q3: Is there enough unreleased B-sides to put them on a new record?

Q4: Neil, will you and Terry Edwards record an LP soon?

Q5: Do you enjoy talking with your fans, for instance, after a show, to know what is their opinion, or at this point of your carreer you just want to play the shows and go home?

Q6: Are you “emotionally” attached to your instruments or it’s just another piece of equipment?

Q7: Do you ever listen to your records (old and new)?

Thanks!

hemmel
    Keymaster

Thanks, everyone! Keep them coming! I’ll close this thread after Sunday.

Motown45
    Participant

One more here:

What do you think is the most underappreciated (either by the fans or the other band members) song in the Tindersticks canon?

Neil Stringfellow

My question to Band:

As a British band living across Europe do the band have a view on the British exit from the EU?
    Could the band ever see themselves living in the UK again?

Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.