Home forums Trouble Every Day forum members Q&A with the band

This topic contains 42 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  hemmel 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author

hemmel
    Keymaster

Hi, everyone. It’s been awhile since we have done a forum Q&A; so we thought it would be a good time to get one lined up again.

Please post any questions you might have for band in this thread, and I’ll combine them into a list. Feel free to ask a variety of questions, though we’d like to focus on the band’s recent work (Across Six Leap Years, Ypres, Les Salauds, and, of course, The Waiting Room). If you have any questions for Julian Seigel or Terry Edwards, we will forward those on, as well.

As in times past, not all questions posted will be answered, and I might combine similar questions into one. I am also looking for unique questions and not the standard media interview questions.

If you are looking for how these usually turn out, take a look at the two band Q&As at the top of the forum.

The deadline for question submissions is Sunday, 17 July.

Thanks!

atibens
    Participant

so to start with:

Q: There have been a lot of press photos with Stuart wearing a felted hat since the TWR release – Is there a special story around this special felt-hat ?

Pedro

Would you consider an official bootleg release of ASLP / Singing skies / Claire Denis soundtracks tours? All of them seem very special, and all your new records ( well maybe TWR not completely ) are well represented in this series. Thanks.

al.
    Participant

most likely the tinderpiece I have played more for the last couple of years, maybe three, is the background music of the Singing Skies slideshow. I find it a really haunting piece which reminds me very nicely of Eno´s Discreet Music. I would like to know more about its conception, how it was developed, etc & cheers

Roger_Grund
    Participant

2016 is pretty much solid touring across Europe: what rituals do you have to stay sane and friendly with each other in the face of such a demanding schedule ?

Pedro

Another one, as everybody on this forum seem to be on holidays ;
    I like Ypres album very very much. It´s one of my favourites. Could you tell us something about it? I read somewhere that it was partly inspired by Benjamin Britten and Gorecki work. Do you like Contemporary classical music?

David
    Participant

Here’s one, and its not a request for any political viewpoint!

As a band touring Europe regularly and seeing more of it than most of us – do you see signs of the continent changing politically in any way or do we still as one would hope, have more in common than we do that separates us?

va jouer
    Participant

Q1: Which track, if any, would you consider re-mastering, like you did for A6LY, or with The Big Silence/Raindrops?

Q2: how does it feel to be the best band in the world?

X

hemmel
    Keymaster

Multimedia seems to be becoming more intertwined with the band’s music, from the Claire Denis film score tour, the Singing Skies showings and book, to the recent TWR films and current tour. Is this something that evolved over time, or something that has simmered under the surface from the beginning? Further, is this something that the band will continue to explore in the future?

hemmel
    Keymaster

Thanks, everyone! Keep them coming.

atibens
    Participant

a second one from me:

In your last FAQ in 2012 you have hinted about a potential visual album release (which came true in form of the TWR film DVD in the limited edition of your recent album) & you are doing/planing a lot of visual related projects for the rest of the year or 2017 and beyond (e.g. the recent CINE concerts in UK and selected european venues, the forthcoming Claire Denis SCI-FI fim O.S.T. et al. projects). In this context might there be the option of a first official LIVE DVD Video Bootleg release of one of the CINE concerts?

Many Fans who were on the TWR tour, but missed the special CINE concert settings, would appreciate this a lot.

kk.
    Participant

I love your live CDs and hope many more will be released. But… on San Sebastian, you decided to NOT include any of the older tracks, and on Philharmonie de Paris you did not include “Second Chance Man”. What is the reason behind these ommissions?(I think both albums would be even better if the left-out songs were included….)

Will you print posters of the The Waiting Room cover, and could you also reprint the Across Six Leap Years liquorice posters ? (I assume these exist because at the time, the person at the merch stall said they didn’t have them anymore)

hemmel
    Keymaster

@kk. wrote:

Will you print posters of the The Waiting Room cover, and could you also reprint the Across Six Leap Years liquorice posters ? (I assume these exist because at the time, the person at the merch stall said they didn’t have them anymore)

I have seen TWR posters on eBay quite a bit (11″x17″). I have never seen an A6LY poster in the wild, but I do have one, so they must exist somewhere 🙂

edited to add: The TWR posters are promotional from City Slang. I don’t think the band is selling any.

kk.
    Participant

@hemmel wrote:

@kk. wrote:

edited to add: The TWR posters are promotional from City Slang. I don’t think the band is selling any.

thanks Hemmel, I have been to three TWR concerts, and seen the promotional posters, but none for sale, hence my request/ question….

atibens
    Participant

Re: promotional copies – there’s an additional Q.: Is there a special reason why there is not any Single (CDS or 7″) released for the recent album ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.